Hydrotron HPB Series Control Booth
Water Filter Dust Collector
Filtering aluminum, titanium, and other potentially explosive dust
The Filter 1 Hydrotron HPB Series Control Booth, integrating the booth enclosure and wet dust collection, is a safe and economic method of cleaning potentially volatile materials. The Filter 1 Hydrotron HPBs are generally used for working on large objects that will not fit on a table, or for multiple tabletop operations where several operators will be in the booth at the same time.
Water Filter Technology
Filter 1 Hydrotron Water Filter Dust Collectors purify air by a combination of centrifugal force and violent mixing of water and contaminated air. As the airstream passes the fixed baffles, particulate is separated by heavy, turbulent curtain of water created by high-velocity air. The centrifugal force caused by the rapid changes in airflow direction forces the dust particles to penetrate the water droplets and become entrapped. Contaminated water is then removed from the airstream by special mist filters. Dust, as sludge, settles to the collector bottom and the water is reused.
The Filter 1 Hydrotron is specifically designed for safe collection of potentially explosive and volatile materials and is effective in the capture of fine metal particles. It meets the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines for processing and finishing aluminum. (Learn more about NFPA guidelines and the use of wet dust collectors). Since the Hydrotron also meets OSHA and NFPA regulations for dust removal located inside buildings, it can recirculate in-plant, tempered air to conserve energy.
- Removes respirable dust and contaminates from sanding, grinding, deburring, polishing, packaging, and processing
- Aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations
- Electrical, communication, and lighting enclosure manufacturers
- U.S. military operations
- Milling, refining, and ceramics foundries
- Chemicals, rubber products, and plastics
- Regain Air, "Push/Pull" air system with adjustable louvers to increase capture velocity from 400 to 800 FPM
- Slotted roofs for crane loading
- Construction of 18-gauge galvanized metal
- Variable dimensions of enclosure
- Sound control material on interior surfaces may be deducted
- Paint to match your decor
- HEPA safety after filters with visual or audible indicators
- Explosion-proof motors available
- General Electric
- Clark Products
- American Airlines
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Air Force
- Dupont Corporation
- Lockheed Martin
- GKN Aerospace
- Bendix Corporation
- TEFC motors, single and three phase
- Direct drive/non-overloading fan
- Interior baffle section
- Special mist filters
- Low maintenance
- Electronic water level control
- Galvanized steel construction with two-part cold tar epoxy coatings to all interior wet surfaces
- Industrial enamel "Gulf Blue" coating on exterior
- Magnehelic gauge
- Automatic fill system
- Electrical solenoid only allows makeup water to enter unit when blower is on
- Automatic electronic float valve controls level of water when unit is running
- Cut-off valve isolates unit for service
- Pressure regulator
- Manual fill override switch for initial filling of water
- Magnetic motor starter with push button on/off and overload protection
- Booth enclosure provides contaminant control.
- Integral lighting and sound insulation enhance work environment.
- Mark II Series provides front clean-out so booth may be placed against wall to conserve space.
- Wetting of volatile dust and heavy sparks eliminates fire risk.
- Meets OSHA and NFPA regulations for dust removal within the building.
- No expensive filters to replace.
- Re-circulates filtered air for savings on cooling and heating costs.
- Automatic fill system utilizes a pressure sensor system for a reliability unaffected by debris in the water.
- Optional “Push-Pull” Regain air system maximizes worker comfort and visibility.
- Custom features and sizing available.
Hydrotron HPB Series