Panel Filter Collector
Can't View PDFs?
Downdraft / Backdraft Tables
Dual Source Capture Workstations with Integral Dust Collection
The 99.9% Efficient Cartridge Dust Collector / Downdraft Station
Maximizing the Work Environment
The Filter 1 Benchtron Downdraft/Backdraft Workstation removes dust, fumes, and smoke from sanding, grinding, buffing, or welding of metals, composites, fiberglass, plastics, or wood. The Benchtron meets OSHA requirements for respirable dust down to .05MG/M3, with adjustable suction velocities of 150 to 800 FPM in the "working zone." High efficiency filters remove 99.9% of all particles 1/2 micron and larger. The unit features automatic self-cleaning, flourescent lighting, and the Regain Air, "Push/Pull" technology pioneered by Filter 1 to provide a blanket of clean air in the "breathing zone."
The standard design includes a 3 phase TEFC motor with starter and rubber vibration mount, a magnahelic guage, and sound insulation to less than 78 db. The Benchtron is available in configurations of one work surface or two, for sitting or standing.
The "Super Bench" Advantage
A Filter 1 best selling product for more than 15 years, the Benchtron Workstation offers the following advantages over the standard industry downdraft table:
- Regain Air: a portion of the clean, filtered air is returned through a plenum across the top of the station to form a Clean Air Curtain, pushing the contaminants away from the worker's breathing zone.
- Transparent Enclosure: High-grade plastic panels or moveable clear vinyl curtains contain the contaminants within the workstation environment.
- Backdraft Plus Downdraft: Source capture is maximized by pulling dust down and away from worker breathing zone.
- Integral Dust Collector: High-efficiency cartridge filters are vertically oriented for optimal loading and cleaning, as well as longer filter life.
- Edge-to-Edge High Velocity: With large diameter, backward-inclined airfoil blower wheels, the Benchtron provides consistent velocity across the work surface, even for stations up to 12 feet long.
- Leg Room: Every Benchtron station is built with leg room so workers may sit or stand.
- Variable Dimensions and Configurations: Optimized for the size of the operation, amount of available shop space, and number of workers, the BENCHTRON may be single or double (back-to-back), up to 48 inches deep and up to 12 feet long. In a large capacity unit with dual worksurfaces, industries can gain the advantages of the Benchtron features and performance at a price that is competitive with a multiple of cheaper, lightweight downdraft tables.
- Custom Design: Filter 1 customizes the Benchtron for special needs, including features such as a slotted crane roof, pneumatic turntable for lifting and spinning parts, or an adjustable up-and-down table.
Benchtron BF SeriesSingle Station
|Model||CFM||HP||Surface DxW||Filter Sq Ft|
|BFS-3-2-3||1,200||3||24" X 36"||550|
|BFS-4-3-3F||4,000||3||30" X 43"||825|
|BFS-5-4-3||4,000||3||30" X 60"||1,100|
|BFS-6-4-3||4,000||3||30" X 72"||1,100|
|BFS-7-5-5||6,000||5||30" X 84"||1,375|
|BFS-8-6-5||6,000||5||30" X 96"||1,650|
|Model||CFM||HP||Surface DxW||Filter Sq Ft|
|BFD-4-6-5||6,000||5||2x 30" X 43"||1,650|
|BFD-5-6-5||6,000||5||2x 30" X 60"||1,650|
|BFD-6-6-5||6,000||5||2x 30" X 72"||1,650|
|BFD-7-8-7.5||8,000||7.5||2x 30" X 84"||2,200|
|BFD-8-12-7.5||8,000||7.5||2x 30" X 96"||2,200|
|BFD-8-10-15||12,000||15||2x 30" X 96"||2,750|
The "Lean Cell" Bench for Collection of Fine Dust & Smoke
Streamlined for Efficiency
In addition to the cartridge dust collector "Super Bench," the Benchtron Series also includes a panel filter downdraft bench that is designed specifically for industrial processes generating fine dust and smoke. The Benchtron BFP is a compact downdraft / backdraft table with a multi-stage filtration system that utilizes standard industrial panel filters.
For fine sanding, mixing, or welding, the Benchtron BFP maximizes the workflow, while minimizing maintenance and energy costs:
- Worker Ease: The compact, open table design gives freedom of movement on three sides, accommodating multiple workers. Dual source capture -- downdraft plus backdraft -- collects the dust without obstruction or interruption to the work process (no arms or hoses to adjust). Effective removal of the dust enhances worker visibility and well-being.
- Low-Cost Operation: Standard panel filters may be replaced quickly and easily as needed according to the monitoring gauge. The high-efficiency blower, together with new technology filter medias, results in outstanding flow and velocity, and the lowest possible energy costs.
Designed for Flexibility
The Benchtron BFP is easily adapted to provide effective dust collection for more than one type of industrial operation:
- Adjustable Air Flow: The operator can set capture velocity higher or lower as needed for varying tasks, such as grinding or welding.
- Filter Change-Out: Easy replacement of filters means that a Benchtron BFP may alternately collect sanding dust with an inexpensive MERV filter, or switch out to a MERV 17 HEPA filter and meet the most current standards for welding on stainless steel.
Multi-Stage Filter Options
Other Options / Customization
Benchtron BFPS Series
|BFPS-4-2-2-2||3,000||4' Wide x 30" Deep||2|
|BFPS-5-2-2-2||3,000||5' Wide x 30" Deep||2|
|BFPS-6-3-3-3||4,000||6' Wide x 30" Deep||3|